Deck the Halls // a semi-circular lace shawl by Tabetha Hedrick
Lace seems to float off the fabric as beautifully as snow on the horizon in SweetGeorgia’s 2022 Advent knit shawl. With unique stitches to explore and an array of colour options, knitters will savour every row.
- yarn: 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns 2022 Advent set in Fingering Weight (CC1-15) (52 yd / 48 m per .5 oz / 14 g per mini-skein; Tough Love Sock, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon; CashLuxe Spark, 80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Spark).
Yarn Options: A) pull from stash remnants for CC1-15 (and/or change colours when you run out), use 2 full skeins of Tough Love Sock and/or CashLuxe Spark yarn and alternate MC/CC with the even/odd CC instructions, C) use 1 colour of Tough Love Sock, ignoring all colour change instructions.
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 32″ / 80 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 22 sts and 48 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Garter stitch, unstretched, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 82″ / 208 cm wingspan, 19″ / 48 cm at centre / deepest point
- pattern notes: This shawl is worked from the back neck down. Increases are worked at the beginning and end of every row to create a semi-circular shawl shape.
The 8-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!
There are no reviews yet.