Drifting Snow // a hand-woven wrap/scarf
Soft snowfall covers the ground in shimmering drifts as nightfall approaches. Venturing out might call for an added layer of warmth, a delicate wrap to take the edge off the frosty air. Drifting Snow weaves together a light cashmere blend warp and a fluffy mohair silk weft, creating an elegant accompaniment for an evening stroll.
- warp & hemstitching: 2 skeins for wrap (1 skein for scarf) SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Fine in Snowfall (420 yds / 384 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 70% Superwash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon)
- weft & hemstitching: 2 skeins for wrap (1 skein for scarf) SweetGeorgia Yarns Silk Mist in Silver (325 yds / 297 m per 0.88 oz / 25 g skein; 60% Fine Kid Mohair, 40% Cultivated Silk)
- loom: minimum 21″ / 54 cm weaving width (wrap); or 12″ / 29 cm weaving width (scarf), with a 10-dent reed.
- structure: Weave Structure: Plain weave
Warp Length: approximately 3 yd / 275 cm (includes about 34″ / 86 cm of take-up and loom waste)
Warp Ends: 210 wrap; 114 scarf
Ends Per Inch (EPI): 10 EPI Picks Per Inch (PPI): 13 PPI
Width in Reed: 21″ / 54 cm for wrap; 11.4″ / 29 cm for scarf
- finished measurements: Wrap: 19″ / 48 cm wide x 68″ / 173 cm long, including 4.5″ / 11 cm twisted fringe on both ends
Scarf: 10″ / 26 cm wide x 64″ / 163 cm long, including 4.5″ / 11 cm twisted fringe on both ends
*Please note that the finished length will be somewhat dependent upon how much you tighten the warp while weaving. You may have up to 10% or more shrinkage in the finished woven length if you tighten the warp more firmly. Furthermore, there may be more draw- in at the selvedges based upon how firmly the weft picks are drawn through.
Pattern includes a 6-page PDF