Evening Fields is a beautiful shawl, eye-catching with a lace detail inspired by fields of grass shimmering beneath starry skies. Wrap yourself up in decadent, lightweight elegance that suits every occasion. Evening Fields lace shawl knitting pattern featuring eyelets and flower motifs. Worked in CashSilk Lace weight yarn.
We created the Become a Lace Knitter workshop to ensure you learn every skill you could imagine running into. We hope this helps give you the confidence you need to knit this lovely accessory!
- yarn: 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns CashSilk Lace in Dried Lavender (400 yd / 343 m per 1.75 oz / 50 g skein; 55% Silk, 45% Cashmere)
- needles: Size 3 US / 3.25 mm circular needles
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 16 sts and 37 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in lace chart, after blocking
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 58” / 147.5 cm wingspan by 25” / 63.5 cm wide at deepest point
- pattern notes: This semi-circular shawl is worked flat as a single piece, from the center of the straight side outward with increase rows.
Pattern includes a 6-page PDF (both written directions and charts)