A Triangular Shawl // Design Tabetha Hedrick
A bit of lace, a little colour, and a whole lot of fun! This shawl welcomes the new lace knitter and the advanced shawl-maker alike. Texture abounds between the rows of garter and eyelets, promising an accessory that is as wonderful to knit as it is to wear.
- yarn: 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock, 1 each in Dried Lavender (MC) and Surf Shack (CC) (425 yd / 385 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon)
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needles, 24″ / 40 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 17 sts and 32 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in increase pattern, after blocking
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 77″ / 195.5 cm x 22″ / 56 cm
- pattern notes: This sideways triangular shawl begins at a single point and increases to the deepest point, increasing every other row. Then, decreases are worked back to a single point.
Pattern includes a 6-page PDF (both written and charted)