Frosted Dogwoods // a bias-knit stole
Despite the soft blooms of dogwood trees, the spring still brings late winter chill. Savour the view while staving off the cold with this zig-zag lace stole. It’s worked on the bias in three colours and promises lacy enchantment from beginning to end. Frosted Dogwoods is pattern 3 of 3 in the Little Winters Capsule.
- yarn: 3 skeins of SweetGeorgia Yarns BFL+Silk Fine, 1 each in Birch (MC), Winter Haven (CC1), and Boreal Forest (CC2) (370 yd / 338 m per 3.5 oz / 100 g skein; 75% Blue Faced Leicester, 25% Silk).
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 16 sts and 28 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Zig-Zag Lace patt, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 19 1/4″ / 48 cm wide, 93″ / 232.5 cm long
Choose the size that is 2-3″ / 5-7.5 cm larger than actual chest measurement. The sample shown measures 37″ / 94 cm and is worn on a chest circumference of 33″ / 84 cm.
- pattern notes: This stole is worked in one piece on the bias, meaning that it begins in one corner, gradually increasing to the desired width, then is worked evenly until shawl reaches the desired length on the longest side, before decreasing into the opposite corner. A slipped st (with yarn in front) is worked at the beginning of every row to produce a twisted chain selvedge.
The 6-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!
There are no reviews yet.