Horizon Line // a semi-circular lace shawl
Sunsets on the horizon are majestic, just like this luxurious shawl. Captivating lace, alluringly soft yarn, and a fun shape promise pure delight from start to finish. Horizon Line is pattern 1 of 3 in the Seaside Lace Capsule.
- yarn: 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Merino Silk Lace in Rosy Posy (765 yd / 700 m per 3.5 oz / 100 g skein; 50% Fine Merino, 50% Silk)
- needles: Size 4 US / 3.5 mm circular needles, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Swatch patt, after blocking
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 59″ / 150 cm wingspan, 22″ / 56 cm at deepest point
- pattern notes: This shawl is worked from the centre back neck, using multiple increases across every right-side row to expand into a semi-circular shape. Stitch markers are used to separate shaping sections and a crochet hook is used to complete the crochet-loop bind off.
The 6-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!