A dream loom for the serious weaver! Makes weaving so easy and light weight you can weave for hours on end without aching. This loom will weave anything from silk to mohair yarns. The Louet Spring loom is one of the most innovative cleverly designed floor looms on the market today. It uses the parallel countermarch system for the harnesses and lamms and features our patented floating breast beam system. The warp beam is held by a friction brake, enabling you to advance the fabric sitting at your loom.
A number of innovations make weaving with the Spring pleasurable experience and the loom matches the highest expectations regarding function and quality. Making or changing tie-up is very easy: simply hook on the supplied Texsolv loop cords, which are pre-cut to the right length. The beater adjusts for height and level. Spring has been our most popular floor looms for many years.
The new Spring II has the following improvements:
The new Spring II makes the weaving action even more ergonomic and comfortable:
- You can advance more fabric in one movement of the handle, due to a new magnet.
- The brake disc of the warp beam acts as a crank, with a handle that turns in the disk.
- The shafts move more easily, as rollers with ball bearings have replaced the nylon rollers.
- The beater movement has a larger radius and improved arc due to longer uprights and a lowered hinge point.
- Clamps that aid in warping the loom, as well as warping instructions, are now included.
The new Spring II has features that makes your loom easier to use and customize:
- The shaft bars can be easily clicked in and out of hooks that remain fastened to the cords, allowing you to easily add or remove heddles. This design also prevents you from inadvertently reattaching the shaft bars to the cords in the incorrect place. The shaft bars are also easier to reach due to smaller middle posts and modified main upright shaping.
- The warp beam now has room for 4 sectional warp rails (compared to 3), which are also easier to attach if you expand your loom.
- The shafts have more space for extra heddles.
- It is easier to take the beater on and off the loom, as the hinge hooks of the beater are mounted on the loom.
- Attaching the top beater rail is easier, due to screw knobs.
- Inserting warp yarns into the raddle is easier and the yarns will not come out while beaming the warp onto the warp beam, due to the addition of two wooden strips that can slide over (and cover) the raddle.
- It is easier to hook on and attach the tie-up cords, due to more space between the upper lams and the lower shaft bar as well as smaller screw heads on the treadles.
- The cords of the warp tension device can no longer run off the rollers as they now pass through two eyelets.
- Securing the back beam section is easier. And when folded, there are no loose parts to remove or potentially lose. The new Spring II has improved construction and aesthetics, allowing easier assembly:
- Overall sturdier frame with new front posts and thicker main uprights and foot rail.
- The warp beam and cloth beam are now made of wood and are a larger diameter, the redesign in this section now allows for easier assembly.
- Heavier ratchet wheel and ratchet, ideal for weaving carpets.
- Easier to place the new countersunk holes onto the floating breast beam arms.
- A more attractive look on the hinged connection of the floating breast beam arms to the front posts, due to a less visible connecting bolt.
- Loom is now packaged in a more compact way, cleverly designed to expand and assemble. All boxes ship with courier, so no freight transport is needed. All shafts and cords continue to be pre- strung.