Midnight Clear // a colourful, lacey cowl by Charlotte Lee
With endless colour options, the SweetGeorgia 2022 Advent crochet cowl is just the ticket to craft away those winter blues. With a variety of stitches to explore and captivating openwork, crocheters will savour every row.
- yarn: 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns 2022 Advent set in DK Weight (CC1-15) (32 yd / 29 m per .5 oz / 14 g per mini-skein; 100% Superwash Merino)
Yarn Options: A) pull from stash remnants for CC1-15 (and/or change colours when you run out), use 2 full skeins of Superwash DK and alternate MC/CC with the even/odd CC instructions, C) use 1 colour of Superwash DK (2 skeins), ignoring all colour change instructions.
- hook: Size H-8 US / 5 mm crochet hook
Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 20 1/2 sts and 17 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Setup Section, blocked.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 10 1/2″ / 26.5 cm by 25″/ 63.5 cm rectangle, folded
- pattern notes: This cowl is worked from the short side to short side, adding length in between. Stitches are decreased at the two ends by skipping stitches, then the two sloped ends are joined together to create the loop of the cowl.
The 4-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!