A Square Shawl // Design by Tabetha Hedrick
Wrap this beautiful shawl around to ward off the early morning chill! Delicate lace and bright colours, this accessory has all the fervent charm of mid-season flowers.
- yarn: 4 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Mohair Silk Sock, 2 each in Hot Springs (MC) and Coastal Cottage (CC) (437 yd / 400 m per 3.5 oz / 100 g skein; 50% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon, 15% kid mohair, 15% silk)
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm set of 4 or 5 double-pointed needles, Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 40” / 100 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 15 sts and 33 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Body pattern, after blocking
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 45″ / 114 cm x 45″ / 114 cm
- pattern notes: This shawl is worked from the center out. All markers are slipped when reached unless otherwise indicated. The Body and Border patterns are both written (see Stitches Used) and charted (p. 2-3) for your preference.
Pattern includes a 4-page PDF (both written and charted)