Nilas // a knit & purl cowl by Tabetha Hedrick
Two strands of any yarn + a beginner-friendly Waffle stitch pattern and you’ve got a squishy, soft accessory fit for anyone. If you only have a few hours, Nilas cowl is just the ticket.
- yarn: 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in Stormy Night (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns SeaSilk Lace in Stormy Night (494 yd / 452 m per 3.5 oz / 100 g skein; 65% Silk, 35% Seacell).
Nilas is also shown in: 1 strand of Superwash DK in Stormy Night and 1 strand of Silk Mist in Amber Ale.
- needles: Size 10 US / 6 mm needles
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 13 sts and 24 rnds = 4″ / 10 cm in Waffle stitch pattern, worked with yarn held double, after blocking
Please note that gauge is not crucial here, but changes in gauge will affect yardage and final measurements.
- finished measurements: Width: 11″ / 28 cm
- pattern notes: Nilas cowl is worked flat and seamed. You may optionally cast-on with a provisional cast-on and graft the circumference closed.
The Waffle Stitch is both written (see Stitches Used) and charted for your preference.
Pattern includes a 4-page PDF (both written and charted).
SweetGeorgia Yarns wants to ensure you have everything you need for your crafting success, so be sure to check out our growing library of fibre-craft tutorials and workshops at www.schoolofsweetgeorgia.com
There are no reviews yet.