Playin’ My Song // a rectangular stole knitting pattern by Tabetha Hedrick
So I put my hands up,
They’re dyein’ my yarn
The needles all click away
I’m noddin’ my head like, yeah,
Knittin’ my shawl like, yeah…
Know the song? Well, our version of it anyway. We’re letting the hair down and going wild with knitting! This fun stole features a unique trapezoid shape, a variety of stitch patterns, and playful colour arrangements that keep everyone entertained. Grab your needles and invite your friends, because the party starts right here!
This shawl was the featured SweetGeorgia Mystery Knit-Along shawl for 2023. We created several ready-to-go colour sets for the knit-along, and they are still available for a limited time. They’re perfectly paired to take all the guesswork out of your colour options.
Playin’ My Song shawl is worked in three parts: first, from the top down, and then each side is worked from the center section sides. The 12-page pattern PDF features both written and charted stitch patterns.
Pattern Details for Playin’ My Song shawl pattern
- Yarn: 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock, 1 each in Bubble Wand (MC) and Seaside (CC1) (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
1 half-skein SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Spark in Mandarin (208 yd / 190 m per 2 oz / 60 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Silver Stellina).
- Needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular knitting needle, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- Notions: Stitch holder or scrap yarn, (2) stitch markers, tapestry needle
- Gauge: 24 sts and 49 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Garter st, unstretched, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will also change yardage used and final measurements.
- Finished Measurements: 78″ / 195 cm top wingspan, 18″ / 45 cm depth at centre
Learn and improve your lace and shawl knitting skills at the School of SweetGeorgia.