Soft Twilight // an asymmetrical cable shawl knitting pattern by Corrina Ferguson
Delicate slipped stitches and cables meander across the fabric of this asymmetrical shawl, creating a beautiful, airy effect. Whether knit in your favourite Party of Five setas written, or with multiple colours alternated every four rows, Soft Twilight is the perfect playground for your colour play. Bright and bold, or subtle and muted, the possibilities are endless.
This shawl is knit sideways and the 4-page pattern PDF features both written and charted stitch patterns.
Pattern Details for Soft Twilight
- Yarn: 1 set SweetGeorgia Yarns Party of Five in Spilling Secrets (105 yd / 96 m per 1 oz / 28 g mini skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon). Also shown in: BFL + Silk Fine, Nightcall (MC) and Twilight (CC), alternating colours every four rows; and Mohair Sock, Coastline (MC), Jam (CC1), and Seaside (CC2), alternating colours every four rows.
- Needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 32″ / 80 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- Notions: Cable needle, stitch markers (if desired), yarn needle
- Gauge: 21 sts and 29 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Body patt, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will also change yardage used and final measurements.
- Finished Measurements: 48” / 122 cm wide, 39” / 99 cm deep
Learn and improve your lace and shawl knitting skills at the School of SweetGeorgia.