It’s a curious magic when things quietly change, like flowers transforming into plump summer berries or the seemingly sudden shift of summer into early fall. That mysterious transition practically compels us to join in …. with another SweetGeorgia Mystery Knit-Along (MKAL)! The Tullameen MKAL will run from August 28-Sept 25.
Inspired by towns in Iowa, we’ve created nine different colour sets and they include THREE skeins of Tough Love Sock in a colour palette that will sure to make you feel excited about. Most of the sets include our splashy dyed skeins. If you need help choosing, Tabetha knitted her shawl using Ames.
You’ll need THREE full-skeins of fingering weight yarn. The total approximate yardage is approximately 1275 yards (1164 m). This is a fun, sweet, comfortable stole that enables you to get creative with three colours. You might prefer to stick with three colours of the same tone, but different saturations (such as a light, medium, and dark blue) for a monochromatic feel or three colours that contrast each other greatly for a bold experiment. Here are some suggestions:
Here are a few tips from Tabetha for choosing colours:
- MC: A medium to dark tone.
- CC1: A medium to light tone (not as dark as MC).
- CC2: A lighter tone and you may wish to add a “splashy” or “speckled” yarn here.
- Our Tough Love Sock skeins are 425 yards (388 m) per skein of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon fingering weight. As Tabetha notes, your gauge should be 21 sts and 32 rows in Stockinette stitch, blocked and relaxed.
- All patterns are sold separately and not included with purchase of yarn.