About the Courses
- Rigid Heddle Looms: Colour & Weave Gamp
Taught by Amanda Wood, Colour & Weave with a Rigid Heddle Loom explores how to approach working with a new to you yarn, trying different combinations, playing with the sett and learning about how to respond to its particular character. In the course, students will weave a gamp, which is essentially like a handwoven sketchbook. A gamp is going to give us some information about pattern and colour and how these things work together. We’ll be able to take the information from our gamp and make a project that is entirely unique to ourselves!
- 4-Shaft Looms: Weaving Twills Gamp
Explore the many ways you can weave twill fabrics using just four shafts at Weaving Twills on 4-Shafts, taught by Felicia Lo Wong! Handwoven twill fabrics have a beautiful drape and can showcase a variety of designs with weft yarn floats that create distinctive diagonal lines. The first project in this workshop will be weaving a twill gamp, which is a way for us to experiment with many different variations of twill. And then using the information we learned from making this twill gamp, we’ll design our own project!
About the Kits
The kits includes 3 cones of Gist Beam yarn in contrasting colours, enough to weave either gamp option listed above.
- WARM colourways: Gist Beam 3/2 Organic Cotton Weaving Yarn, 1 cone each in Dandelion, Natural and Licorice (630 yards per 8 oz)
- COOL colourways: Gist Beam 3/2 Organic Cotton Weaving Yarn, 1 cone each in Hibiscus, Cobalt and Natural (630 yards per 8 oz)
Included with each kit
- 3 cones of Gist Beam 3/2 Organic Cotton Weaving Yarn
- 1 month membership to the School of SweetGeorgia (for new members only)
- 1 colour & weave gamp pattern
- 1 twill gamp pattern
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!