Wild Orange // an asymmetrical triangle shawl by Tabetha Hedrick
Diamond lace fans across the fabric of this triangular shawl as delicately as early morning rains. With a deceptively simple repeat and construction, this accessory is one you’ll want to make more than once. Work this up in the your favorite sock blank for a gradient treat!
- yarn: 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns Sock Blank in Carrot Thief (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g blank; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 19 sts and 30 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Swatch patt, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 57″ / 145 cm wingspan, 18 1/4″ / 46.5 cm depth at centre point
- pattern notes: This shawl is worked from side to side. The increase edge is the top wingspan length. A small border edge of Garter stitch is worked along the bind off and decrease edges of the shawl.
The 6-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!
There are no reviews yet.